Job Description: Junior Software Designer
Who are we?
We are a small, fast paced medical imaging company specializing in the design and development of clinical and preclinical PET inserts for MRI. Our goal is to improve human well-being by empowering medical professionals through our cutting-edge technology and software. To accomplish this, we need talented, driven people who are hungry for opportunities to collaborate on, contribute to, and expand our projects.
How will you make an impact?
At Cubresa we are looking for developers who share our vision of improving human health through science and technology. Software developers will work in areas including: algorithms, optimization, data structures, user interfaces, test development, architecture design, and other areas as needed. Software members work closely with one another, freely sharing ideas and viewpoints while working towards solutions to our toughest problems.
As a small company, you will get the chance to see many aspects of the product development life cycle and collaborate with teams outside of software. Cubresa has recently joined the fight against COVID-19 working with the Canadian government through our innovative NuPET Bio, the world’s first pre-clinical PET scanner specifically built for high-containment labs.
We are seeking junior software developers to join our software team. Applicants will be expected to have all the following skills / experience:
• Proficient coding in C, C++, and OO design.
• Ability to work on their own or in a group environment
• Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
• Ability to diagnose technical problems and provide detailed explanations and solutions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant degree.
Strong applicants may have any of the following desirable experience:
• Experience with software development process including requirement gathering, design, and testing
• Exposure to UI development
• Experience with performance optimization of algorithms
• Experience with the development of secure code
• Experience with any of the following C++ libraries: CUDA, Boost, Qt, ITK, DCMTK, GoogleTest, OpenCV
• Proficiency coding in Python
• Experience with continuous integration, unit testing, and configuration management
• Familiarity with the DICOM standard
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com