Cubresa is a fast-paced medical device imaging company specializing in the design and development of clinical and preclinical PET inserts for MRI. Our goal is to improve human health by empowering researchers and medical professionals through our state-of-the-art technology and software. We are looking for talented and driven individuals to join our team who are passionate about the work that they do and the people that they inspire.
POSITION: Intermediate Software Developer
REPORTS TO: Software Team Lead
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Your responsibilities and duties will be to develop software in the areas of algorithms, optimization, data structures, user interfaces, test development, architecture design, and other areas as needed.
• Close collaboration with other Software Team members to freely share ideas and viewpoints while working on software tasks/project deliverables.
• Contribute to clinical and preclinical software tasks
• Preparing clinical device software in accordance with the requirements of the Software Architect, ISO13485 and IEC62304as a requirement for submission to the US FDA, Health Canada, and the EU.
• This position will also provide recommendations and requirements for system test. This person will assist with team building and technical leadership within Cubresa.
• Design and implement software components of our software architecture to meet the corporate objectives
• Assist in establishing quality throughout the software group
• Participates in discussions on translating project requirements into meaningful design definition
• C++ development using Microsoft Visual Studio
• Reviewing code work for accuracy and functionality
• Mitigating design risk
• Providing support to cross-functional departments including QA, Production, Sales, Installation and Service
• Perform software testing of code segments
• Maintain software code and do feature enhancement and bug fixing
• Conducting software troubleshooting and root cause analysis
• Preparing design documentation
• Reviewing the work of and providing mentorship to Junior Software Developers
• Other responsibilities and duties as assigned
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
• Oriented towards Excellence in Product Development
• Must be able to work on their own and in a group environment
• Must be able to work in a cross-cultural environment
• Must be self-motivated
• Must have good written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Developed time management and personal organizational skills
• Enjoys a fast-paced environment
• Passionate about the work you do and those that you inspire
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Graduate of a Computer Science or Computer Engineering program from a recognized post-secondary institution
• 3+ years of experience in a software development environment
• Previous experience in the development of Medical Imaging Software, Processing Algorithms and Systems
• Experience with continuous integration, unit testing, and configuration management
• Experience with working with an issue tracking system such as Redmine, Jira, Bugzilla
• Experience with version control systems such as Git and Svn, including branch management
• Experience with software development process
• Proficient coding in C, C++, and OO design
• The following are preferred assets:
o Experience working within a quality system based on a standard such as ISO 9001 or ISO 13485
o Exposure to UI development
o Experience with performance optimization of algorithms
o Experience with development of secure code
o Experience with PET image reconstruction algorithms
o Experience with any of these software libraries: Boost, Qt, ITK, dcmtk, googleTest, OpenCV
o Familiarity with the DICOM standard, including interacting with DICOM files and databases
• Permanent full time
RATE OF PAY:
• The successful applicant will be remunerated based on their skills and experience
DATE OF POSTING: 26 October 2021
CLOSING DATE: Once the successful candidate is selected
Applicants should submit a written request for consideration along with a resume (or a summary of qualifications) to:
800-136 Market Ave.
Winnipeg, MB R3B 0P4
Reference “Intermediate Software Developer” in the subject line.